Carl speaks to Mike Grenier, an English teacher and housemaster at Eton College and co-founder of the Slow Education movement.
(Recorded in London on July 1, 2015)
Topics covered include:
1. What is Slow Education and why we need more of it in schools
2. How dialling down the pressure can work in all classrooms
3. What teachers can do to promote deep learning
4. The good, the bad and the ugly of standardised testing
5. The "5-Minute Warning" and how can teachers apply it in the classroom
6. What colleges and universities can do to combat the obsession with perfect CVs
7. How businesses are reshaping educational priorities
8. Trends in education around the world
Download in iTunes.
Visit the Slow Education website.