Carl speaks to Oona Bannon and Russell Pinch, the couple behind PINCH, a London design studio famous for making furniture and lighting that combine the finest craftsmanship with a quiet aesthetic and respect for the environment. In other words, they fit into what has come to be known as the Slow Furniture Movement.
(Recorded in London on October 21, 2015)
Topics covered include:
1. How to work with wood in ways that care for the environment
2. How traditional craftspeople fit into modern manufacturing
3. Scaling up a company without losing its soul
4. The role of the internet and 3D printing in Slow design
5. Whether Slow design will always be a luxury for the affluent
6. How furniture can be designed to slow us down
7. The difference between young and older designers
Download in iTunes.
Visit the PINCH website.